In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Winchester 94

dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
edited February 2016 in Ask the Experts
Hello Bert,
I recently obtained a Winchester model 94 carbine,serial number 1762061,caliber stamp .30-30 Win., serrated hammer, flat checkered steel butt plate, short fore end wood, not tapped for receiver sight, blank upper tang. I'm hoping this Winchester is from 1951 also my birth year, am I close? Thanks, Greg LaHaie

Comments

• dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What was the first year the 94 was factory drilled for a lyman Receiver peep sight?
    edited November -1
    I recently acquired a Model 94 made in 1949 in very good 90+ condition & finish....still has the original sight hood is in place. My question is, would properly installing a original factory saddle ring hurt the value of this rifle ?? or should I leave it alone (not looking for a increase in value, certainly don't want to hurt value either).
    edited November -1
    I am looking for recommendations on obtaining a Winchester Model 94 for my collection. I have seen this firearm several times an fall in love with it every time I look at one. I would eventually like to have two, one shooter and a collectible. What should I be looking for?
    edited November -1
    When did they start drilling the receiver for a receiver sight on the Winchester 94 and did they do that for the 92?
    edited November -1
    I have a Wincherster lever 94 that ejects from the top. I bought a side scope mount. Any ideas for a good scope for this gun?
    edited November -1
    anyone know what year winchester started drilling and taping the model 94 for receiver sights? thats the two little holes at the upper rear and left side of the receiver.
    edited November -1
    A buddy of mine says he has a Winchester 94 730 is there such a gun and what is it's worth.
    edited November -1
    can anyone tell me what my rifle is worth or the value of it?
    Winchester Model 94 30/30 rifle $
    Buck horn sight
    Steel butt plate
    S/N 2051355
    it has only been fired once at th factory. excellent condition
    edited November -1
    Have a Winchester 94 with the safety mounted on the receiver. When engaged, blocks the hammer from hitting firing pin. Is that what they call a cross bolt safety?

"the closer you are,the louder the boom."
    edited November -1
    I just received a gun from my Grandma that was my Grandpa's before he passed away. It is a Winchester 94 32W.S. with a serial number of 374615. Can anyone tell me approximately when this gun was manufactured? It is something I'd never get rid of, but I am just a little curious about its history.
    Thanks.
    edited November -1
    I am thinking of buying a WIN-mod94-

A local FFL has two...

A 1942 model 4 $419 and a 1952 model for $499

What are the differences between the two rifles?
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know the value of this Winchester 94 30/30. S/N 470201xx This firearm is in excellent condition. It also has checkering on the forearm and stock.
    edited November -1
    WHAT IS THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN THE REG 30-30 AND A CARBINE 30-30
    SO WHAT IS CARBINE MEAN
    edited November -1
    NEWER MODEL AROUND 2 YEARS OLD,LIKE NEW CONDITION,WHATS IT WORTH???
    edited November -1
    I was in the local shop the other day they had just got in 3 model 94's 357 30-30 and a 44 mag all new in box. Asking 650 each should a guy buy. i am not sure what model of 94 the are but the had checkered stocks and shorter barrels
    edited November -1
    loose fore end on 94 Wichester carbine with Barrel Band, gun is unfired condition is this a normal finding on some of these rifles and is it reflective of the quality control and fit and finish on 1986 run rifles.
    edited November -1
    I have a Winchester 94 serial #78870 32 win special.
    Is this gone Collectible?
    edited November -1
    I have Winchester 94 rifle 26'' round barrel,higher grade wood with crescent trap door butt plate. The rifle was made in 1926. the hole in stock at trap door is 6'' deep. This seems short for a cleaning rod. Could the factory have made this for any other reason. Cody museum does not have the records for this rifle.
    edited November -1
    I have a Winchester Model 94 lever action 30-30 the serial number is 1217701 and i am wondering if you can tell me when this gun was manufactured?
    edited November -1
    Did any of the winchester 1894 rifles come with a shorter than 26 inch octagon barrel? I have one with a 20 inch octagon barrel. It does not look like the barrel has been cut off from a longer barrel.
    edited November -1
    What are the differences of the pre and post 64' Winchester model 94 rifles?
    edited November -1
    I have a Win 94 made around 1969 that has a nickeled or chromed receiver and was wondering if this was a factory job or aftermarket. It is not a commemorative as there are no markings except the regular Winchester barrel markings. Any info is appreciated. Terrill
    edited November -1
    hey winchester fans! here,s one for you. picked up a great looking model 94 in 30-30, this thing shoots like you wouldn,t beleive. guy had it at estate sale for $260.00. here,s my question: on the ejector side of receiver just above ejector port, there is a tiny screw in receiver. just to the right and above ejector, there is a small hole. is there supposed to be a pin or small screw in there? about 1/2 inch above ejector? thanks for input. firearm digest makes this a 1965 year model, thanks
    edited November -1
    I have a model 94 Winchester 30-30, probaby around 1952 based on its serial number. I'm wondering if anyone has a ballpark estimate of its worth, or where to go for it. The gun looks unfired (wood is undamaged, grease still on the hammer, lever and in the champer, no scratching of the metal, no pitting or rust). Thanks for any info.
    edited November -1
    I have run accross a model 94 carbine with barrel markings I have not seen in my reference books. Did Winchester mark barrels MADE IN NEW HAVEN? I have only seen the MADE IN used with USA. Also was the PROOF STEELE notation used on carbines? And did Winchester use a MODEL 94 30-30 win as a caliber marking?

Thanks
    rcdis
    edited November -1
    Hello Forum... I just purchased two Winchester 9412 rifles, new in the box, unfired. They have a notation on the box which says, "Assembled in Canada by Winchester." I have searched Gunbroker for Model 9412, to no avail. Can someone tell me: a.)Is there any negative affect to their value since they were 'made in Canada'??? b.) The approximate manufacture date??? c.) The approximate value??? d.) The significance of the '12' model designation???
    They are both in 100% condition with boxes and all factory papers.
    Thanks to all who reply.
    John
    edited November -1
    Did winchester produce any 94's without an upper tang marking?
    edited November -1
    A friend of mine has a Winchester Model 94 in 25-35 Cal. The serial number is 1434765. Does anyone have any idea of the date of manufacture, and assuming it is, in fact, in good condition the aproximate value? Thanks
    edited November -1
    I have a Winchester 94 sn90828, which according to my sn guide means that it was made ca. 1897. I wrote to Cody and they replied the only info in the records was that it was a 30 caliber carbine, which it is, but that it was recieved in the warehouse Sept. 12, 1900. Is it usuall for a 94 made in 1897 to not be warehoused until 1900? Any ideas?
    edited November -1
    I have the chance to buy a Winchester 94 like new in box from my brother. He said he has fired about 8 rounds through it. It's got the cross bolt safety and is .45 LC. I think it's a trapper because it's short. He said he would take $350 for it. How much is it worth now and how much will it be worth now that they wont make them anymore?
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester began drilling & tapping the Model 94 in 1952 as a standard feature. It was a special order option beginning in the mid 1930s.

The Model 92 was never drilled & tapped for a receiver mounted peep sight.