In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Trading guns

dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
edited February 2016 in Ask the Experts
I have a heck of a time when I have a question concerning guns I have listed on Gun Broker. I have a few listed but I had a contact asking if I would be interested in making a trade. I have no bids on the gun and I would like to make the trade but I do not want to violate the rules. How would I pay Gun Broker their fees and commission if I make the trade?

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see several dealers who list guns for sale, but state that they will consider trades. Let him bid for your gun; whatever he has to bid to win it is the fair market price. Then, have him list his gun with a BIN price equal to the price you negotiate with him. True, both of you will pay commission, but both of you will have some degree of protection.

Neal
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    You pay your GB fees based on the final sales price. Nothing says payment to you needs to be made in cash. You can accept anything you want in payment. Still, your buyer needs to either bid to the end of the auction or "Buy it now" to establish the final value of your item and your seller's fee.
  • mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always state offers accepted in my auctions an just change it to buy it now for price that was offered, that way the buyer knows i an for real
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like good advice,,,FOR SURE, DO NOT take it off GB and try to make a "deal" off here. That would be asking for a goat roping and not fair to GB.
  • dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, guys. never have removed one from the site to sell off site but I have reduced the price on a offer and sold it at that price. Just could not get my mind around trading guns.