In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt revolver grips

.22 L.R.22 L.R Member Posts: 189 ✭✭
edited February 2016 in Ask the Experts
Are a Python and King Cobra the same frame size? Or is it the Anaconda that shares the same frame size? Do they take the same grips? I might be picking up a King Cobra and I prefer the Python style wood grips. Thanks

May have answered my own question, it appears from the grips for sale that the king cobra is a v frame like an Anaconda.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I was wondering if someone could help me identify what particular colt revolver some factory original colt grips I have would fit. Their of the same overall size on the outside as a pair of colt diamondback grips. The main differences from the colt diamondback grips are that the diamondback grips have a gold medallion in them where these have a silver one. The other main difference is the internal inlet size for the frame of the gun is almost 1/2" longer towards the bottom on the unknown grips as compared to the shorter internal diamondback grips. I don't have pictures but perhaps someone can give me an idea from the information provided.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are the grips for Colt's Police Positive and Official Police revilvers interchangeable?

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will grips for a Python fit a Trooper MKV?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a friend who is trying to restore a Colt Official Police revolver (1944-45)to working order as a fathers day gift. He is having a hard time finding aftermarket grips; wondering if any of you guys know of a place that carries grips for this revolver?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are the grips on a Police Positive Special different from those on a Police Positive and if so, how do you tell? I have a PPS with some cheesy after market grips that I wish to replace with some Colt wooden grips. Its a 3rd issue PPS made in the last 60's. Thanks
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cut and pasted
    The "D" frame, Small frame:
    The Police Positive Special
    The Police Positive target models
    Diamondback
    Cobra
    Agent
    Viper
    Detective Special.
    The Commando Special, a rough parkerized finish Detective Special made in the mid-1980's, not to be confused with the WWII Commando.
    Early models had full length grip frames. The Colt Agent and all "D" frames made after 1966 have the short, "stubby" grip frame, usually with grips that overlap on the bottom.
    All grips within type interchange.

ShortvsLongDS.jpg
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Diamondback grips came in gold or silver medallion depending on the year the gun was made. Pre 1976 had silver.