In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

vintage Colt Elliason sight

.22 L.R.22 L.R Member Posts: 189 ✭✭
edited February 2016 in Ask the Experts
I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if the same colt elliason sight is used for various different colt revolvers and semi-auto 1911's. If not and there are various different models how do you tell which one goes with which model. I need one that would fit a Colt officers model match and that would work with the factory original patridge front sight

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know for sure, but have used what looks like the same sight on Python, Gold Cup, and ACE. Changed the fronts around on the Pythons, too.

I think an Elliason will be a direct replacement for the Accro on your OMM.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Old Gunsights" by Nick Stroebel. Lists the various rear sights that Colt used on their handguns. Up till the 1980's.

The various revolvers, that used adjustable sights. Made between 1955 and 1985. Including the Officers Model Match, used the Accro rear sight.

The Elliason's are only listed, as being used on 1911 Gold Cups and Woodsman Match Targets. Up to the 70's. Not on any revolver.