In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Marlin Factory Closing

25-0625-06 Member Posts: 466 ✭✭
edited March 2016 in Ask the Experts
Attend the Garden City, KS. gun show this past weekend. People were talking about the closing of the Marlin factory. Is this a fact or rumor?

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington bought Marlin, almost 10 years ago. All "Marlins," made in recent years. Have actually been made in Remington factories.
  • 25-0625-06 Member Posts: 466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I know that. These people were saying that it had just happened and was permanent. No more Marlins.
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Early Remlins don't have a good reputation. I haven't examined any lately but I heard they are doing better.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp
  • godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    looking for a stainless rimfire i might give remlin a chace. the last 3 buys have all been savages.
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look hard at the Ruger 10/22. Hard to beat for accuracy and dependability. quote:Originally posted by godalejr
    looking for a stainless rimfire i might give remlin a chace. the last 3 buys have all been savages.
  • godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright
    Look hard at the Ruger 10/22. Hard to beat for accuracy and dependability. quote:Originally posted by godalejr

was on that soap box once. thinking about it again. you can do so many things with them.....
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by godalejr
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright

was on that soap box once. thinking about it again. you can do so many things with them.....

Yep, definitely a "fun gun". Here's one of my 10/22's:

M1A.jpg