In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1911 22 Barrel Identification needed

a429cougara429cougar Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited March 2016 in Ask the Experts
I am trying to identify a 22 barrel that was in a box of 1911 parts. Is it part of a conversion kit? Is it for something other than a 1911? The last 2 photos I included a 1911 barrel for reference.

[img][/img]DSC05940_zpsq7paupnd.jpg
[img][/img]DSC05938_zpsocldwq3l.jpg
[img][/img]DSC05941_zps9td5gxcs.jpg
[img][/img]DSC05943_zpstyutrlle.jpg
[img][/img]DSC05942_zpsc4u6if1b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    All that shows is

X
    X

All that shows is,

X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Philippine Armscore, that has some resemblance. But it has a fixed front sight on the barrel.

The machined cuts at the rear left side of the barrel. Is for a ejector. The Armscore has a similar machined cut. With a fixed ejector swaged to the barrel.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    That is a barrel with out the floating Chamber as used on the original ACE pistol mostlater units have a Floating chamer same as the conversion units called the SERVICE MODEL conversion units It also take the MILLED ejector and light slide with very light recoil spring
    and a bunch of leather washers to be able to adjust for function with different loadings of 22 LR cartridges Pictures on request or search foe Pre WW II ace pistol M
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Perry Shooter. I would love to see any pics of the barrel and the Milled ejector. I think I have one of the ejectors too. Is the firing pin the same as the later conversion models?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by a429cougar
    Thanks Perry Shooter. I would love to see any pics of the barrel and the Milled ejector. I think I have one of the ejectors too. Is the firing pin the same as the later conversion models?

b46fcj.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK double click on my user name that will allow you to send me a personal email and then I can send pictures direct from my computer To you I don't have but about 5% of my pictures stored on my computer transfered to Photo bucket So cant post directly to you on the forum It will be Tomorrow after I get home from work cheers Karl
  • Options
    edited November -1
    the neatest thing is also one of the smallest The firing pin retainer because The 22 LR round is very weak on recoil impulse and the firing pin retainer also Cocks the hammer as the slide starts to cycle.it needs all the help it can get THUS the very weak recoil spring But this spring has to be strong enough to Chamber a new round and close the slide so the firing pin retainer has a small roller held in place crossways in the retainer by an even smaller PIN so instead of the firing pin retainer Sliding up the face of the hammer to cock it
    This roller roles Up the face of the hammer . watch for my follow up pictures after you send me your message Karl you can mount all your parts on a normal 1911 Frame but you have to modify by removing one part The ejector mounted on the frame held on by a small cross pin

EDIT I sent some pictures did you get them
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone for all the excellent photos and info.