In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Derringer

oldair2057oldair2057 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited March 2016 in Ask the Experts
picked up a 38 sp derringer marked bTj on left side Hamden CT usa on left side also has D/A very similar to american derringer model DA any body know anything about this one its not in any reference book I own THANX RICK it is ss wood grips

Edited by - MY65VETTE on 08/14/2002 22:45:33

Edited by - MY65VETTE on 08/14/2002 22:48:12

Comments

• oldair2057oldair2057 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello All,

I have a 38 derringer. I have read that you shouldn't use hollow point ammo. Why is this? Is there a valid reason or do they just want to put a kinder gentler hole in the bad guy?

Thanks!
    edited November -1
    Hello all,
    I have an old rimfire derringer that looks exactly like a Colt third model 41 cal. The only marking on it is the name on the barrel. It is either ZAOUE or ZAQUE.
    Any help?
    Thanks
    Oldair2057
    edited November -1
    Just got the hankerin to have a 2 shot derringer.
    Anyone have an experince with the Davis Derringer, accuracy,recoil?
    Was thinking 38 spec. Maybe 22 mag. I realize this type of gun would not be much for self defence,but it would be very easy to carry, and even a little something is better then nothing.
    Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
    edited November -1
    I received a derringer when my uncle died. It is a 357 magnum. It has Maverick across the top of the barrel, wooden handles and the serial number is 522. It is shown on top of the barrel and right in front of the left handle. It says Intercontinental Arms on the left side of the barrel, and A. Uberti & C. Gardone V.T. Italy on the right side of the barrel. Below the serial number on the side of the gun it also has XIX and what appears to be PSF under a symbol I cannot make out. I have shot it several times and it shoots great. Any idea what it is worth? Everything seems to be in very good shape and the wooden handles are intact. Thanks.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Need quality photos, for identification and valuation.

Instructions for posting photos, at this link.

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    George Zaoue was a French firearms manufacturer from about 1841 - 1855. He made some very nice engraved percussion and pinfire arms.