In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.38 colt acp. 1902

forearm41forearm41 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited November 2017 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone please tell me how to REASSEMBLE a Colt .38 acp. 1902?
Looks easy but is not.There must be a certain way to start and finish When I start with the hammer and main spring area,I cannot get the trigger installed without breaking off the prong that holds it to the spring..

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are specific disassembly instructions, in the NRA Guide to Pistols an revolvers. Mine is a older one from 1993. But they have published expanded editions, in recent years.
  • Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 904 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Said to be essentially the same internally as 1903 pocket pistol. Took my 1903 apart once, had a hell of a time getting it back together, especially the backstrap assy. The Sept. 1956 edition of American Rifleman has detailed instructions, if your local library has it.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want to send me an email address, I can send you a scan of the disassembly instructions, which helpfully say that reassembly is done in the reverse order.

Neal
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There might be a youtube vid on it. I'd look for you but I'm now on limited access to the internet. Dad had a chrome plated one back in the 60's. I think it was the first pistol I learned to take apart. Don't remember squat about it but I was way happier when he went to 1911's.

I think you should jump Neal's generous offer.
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly