In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lazer Value

257imp257imp Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
edited December 2017 in Ask the Experts
Lazers are priced from around $10 up to the $100's.When you take them out of the package and toss them in a pile,they all look the same.Many do not have a brand name on them.How do you separate the junk from the valuable?

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    95% comes out of China. The only way to differentiate, is the reputation of the company selling them. And the companies guarantee/warranty history, I.E. will they stand behind the quality of the stuff they sell. And offer refunds/replacement, for units that don't work.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I just got a 200 dollar lesson on them. Trijicon laser I bought from a "guy" looked real, guy was a visiting person from yadada, long story short, I gave him 200 for what I THOUGHT was a real one, marked and all to later find out it was a great fake.
    And, MANY on fleabag are fake, so in essence, buy one from a proven dealer, the rest are mostly 30 dollar pieces,,,