In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta 84B-N

MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in Ask the Experts
Spent some time sorting through the safe today and cleaned up this Beretta 84B-N. I purchased this in the mid eighties and wondered if someone has an idea of the current value. Any info is appreciated and this is not for sale, I am just curious.

IMG_1960_zpsqbdowmb4.jpg
IMG_1964_zpsn7fp4z8i.jpg

IMG_1962_zpsbsydd411.jpg

IMG_1963_zpsw2kwepey.jpg
Regards, MAALOX

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a unique commercial Beretta. Over and above the Nickel plating. Berben Corp, was the successor to Jl Galef Corp. Who was the original, post WW II importer of Beretta's.

When Beretta started competing, for the U.S. Military pistol contract in the early 80's. They needed a U.S. facility. Bought out Berben, and established the factory in Accokeek MA. To establish, Beretta USA.

It's a true transition pistol. Made in 1983, "AL", with the "Berben", than importers name. IN a Accokeek, "Beretta U.S.A." marked box.

All the above would have no meaning, other than to a hard core Beretta collector though.

If you had a couple/3, hard core, knowledgeable Beretta collectors bidding on it. Might make, couple thousand on the auction? Vis a Vis, NIB condition, nickel plating, Berben markings and Beretta U.S.A. box, etc.
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    It's a unique commercial Beretta. Over and above the Nickel plating. Berben Corp, was the successor to Jl Galef Corp. Who was the original, post WW II importer of Beretta's.

When Beretta started competing, for the U.S. Military pistol contract in the early 80's. They needed a U.S. facility. Bought out Berben, and established the factory in Accokeek MA. To establish, Beretta USA.

It's a true transition pistol. Made in 1983, "AL", with the "Berben", than importers name. IN a Accokeek, "Beretta U.S.A." marked box.

All the above would have no meaning, other than to a hard core Beretta collector though.

If you had a couple/3, hard core, knowledgeable Beretta collectors bidding on it. Might make, couple thousand on the auction? Vis a Vis, NIB condition, nickel plating, Berben markings and Beretta U.S.A. box, etc.

Wow, I had no idea about the transition of Beretta during this time period. Thanks for the information rufe-snow, it's greatly appreciated.
    Regards, MAALOX