In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of a NIB Calico 951 Rifle

DannzoDannzo Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
edited January 2018 in Ask the Experts
I'm considering selling my brand new in the box Calico 951 rifle and was hoping to get an estimated value of it's worth. It is a Massachusetts pre ban rifle in the original box with collapsible stock and fixed stock and front foregrip with threaded flash hider. I also have a new in the box loading tool as well as four brand new magazines, two of them are 50 round drums and two of them are 100 round drums. Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Comments

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only found 1 current listing in Missouri, which may not be relevant to the value in Mass.

https://www.GunBroker.com/item/741665525

It's been continuously re-posted at $700 since November 8th with no bids.

Here's a drum currently listed for $135:

https://www.GunBroker.com/item/741671827

quote:Originally posted by dfletcher

Perhaps the point that's not being made clear is that being pre-ban this gun can be sold in MA posting it for sale here isn't going to give you an "in MA" price, correct?

I understand that point

I don't know if it's allowed, [it's not, high bidder wins] I'm not suggesting it without asking for the OK from the powers that be here, but putting the gun up for sale here and adding "MASS SALE ONLY" might reach the audience you need.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the response. It's hard to judge as that one is used and has the regular stock. Plus I am not sure that that state has a pre ban requirement. Hopefully I will get some responses regarding the value as mine is new in the box with all accessories new in the box and also mine has the sliding stock and magazine loader in the Box. Thanks again for your help
  • Options
    oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Missouri has no pre ban or magazine capacity restrictions.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ballpark,imo 750-1000 -real value, list here at 1.00 start and let it ride for 9-10 days.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unless you can find a collector of NIB Calico's? Functionality would be the main concern of any prospective buyer, IMHO.

No matter the condition, and all the accessories/magazines that come in the package. If it doesn't function reliably, not likely anybody buying it as a shooter would be interested.

Unless you test fire it, so that you could assure a prospective buyer it's functional. You might be better served by breaking up the package. An selling all the extra magazines and accessories separately.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the response. I have several people interested in it as it sits as a package, I was just trying to determine the best price. Like most collectible firearms an unfired and new in the box item is typically worth a greater value than a used firearm.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dannzo
    I'm considering selling my brand new in the box Calico 951 rifle and was hoping to get an estimated value of it's worth. It is a Massachusetts pre ban rifle in the original box with collapsible stock and fixed stock and front foregrip with threaded flash hider. I also have a new in the box loading tool as well as four brand new magazines, two of them are 50 round drums and two of them are 100 round drums. Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan

Perhaps the point that's not being made clear is that being pre-ban this gun can be sold in MA while the same rifle if post ban cannot be sold in CA. Since most other states don't have "pre-ban" requirement to be sold in their states checking closed auctions or posting it for sale here isn't going to give you an "in MA" price, correct?

We have the same situation in CA, where "off roster" handguns such as newly made semi pistols or older Smith get outrageous prices. Want to buy a $1,000.00 Glock 43 or a $1,400.00 base model Sig 320? Come to CA and you'll find plenty.

I don't know if it's allowed, I'm not suggesting it without asking for the OK from the powers that be here, but putting the gun up for sale here and adding "MASS SALE ONLY" might reach the audience you need.

Be ready for a bit of hate mail I suspect. [;)]