In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Springfield MA1?

chumchumchumchum Member Posts: 847 ✭✭
edited January 2018 in Ask the Experts
Seen one for sale. Looks like a scout squad rifle. But the muzzle is not threaded and no break? What is it, got a pic cant figure how to insert it. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No clue. Perhaps it has a well fitted thread protector.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/m1a-series/
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just a WAG? Might be one of the neutered ones. Made for sale in the peoples republic of commifornia?

Years back, I ran into one of the French MAS 36's, in a gun store. The one with a integral grenade launcher. The launcher mechanism had been complete machined off. The guy in the store, told me that it had been done for sale in callie. LOL.
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    Just a WAG? Might be one of the neutered ones. Made for sale in the peoples republic of commifornia?

Years back, I ran into one of the French MAS 36's, in a gun store. The one with a integral grenade launcher. The launcher mechanism had been complete machined off. The guy in the store, told me that it had been done for sale in callie. LOL.

California compliant. Saw them on Spfld's website.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Threaded barrels aren't an issue in CA. CA compliant M1A rifles use a brake, not a conventional flash hider. The CA compliant brake has a bunch of holes on the side rather than horizontal cuts.

Just for something different, my M1A Scout uses an HK style front sight with an AR 15 "birdcage" style brake.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dfletcher

Threaded barrels aren't an issue in CA. CA compliant M1A rifles use a brake, not a conventional flash hider. The CA compliant brake has a bunch of holes on the side rather than horizontal cuts.

Just for something different, my M1A Scout uses an HK style front sight with an AR 15 "birdcage" style brake.

We got a disconnect here than? Poster grdad45, says that Springfield has the ones, without the threaded barrels. On their web site, as being Cali compliant.

The only way I can see, that any kind of muzzle attachment is legal in CA. Is if, it's permanently attached to the barrel. How is your "AR 15 Birdcage" brake, attached to the barrel?