In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger p97 info

royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in Ask the Experts
Pros and cons, Any owners out there with their experiences good and bad? Looking to purchase one at a reasonable price.

Comments

• Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like all the other P series Rutgers a good solid handgun.
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy any P-series Ruger that you find at a deal.They are great full size pistols and prices are low for now.
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • KronyKrony Member Posts: 303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a P95 I bought on the auction side for about $200 in like new condition. Picked up Mecgar mags for cheap and used it as my 'range beater'. It always functions, single action trigger is acceptable..double action is serviceable. Ergonomics are no Ruger SR series or M&P...kind of a brick.

I think in 45 it can be a low cost alternative to a 1911, especially if the price is right.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had one of the earlier models, back in PRC years ago. Believe it was a P 89? It worked OK, and was reliable. But the trigger was terrible.

Couldn't do anything about it. As Ruger wouldn't sell any parts. And if you sent it back to them. They would remove any none spec parts, if they worked on it.

Don't know if the above, is still in force at Ruger? This was back in the 90's. Lot of stuff change at Ruger, after Bill Ruger died in the early 00's.

If you like tinkering with the innards of your guns. You might look into this. See if Ruger has changed their policy regarding the sale of replacement internal parts. And the deletion, of none spec parts on guns returned for repair.
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ugly guns, tough as a brick, works fine.

This is near the top of my list for "budget challenged" shooters looking for a solid semiauto service type pistol. High bang/buck.