In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S & W

hunter.bhunter.b Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
edited February 2018 in Ask the Experts
Does a 32cal Lemon Squeezer and a 38cal take the same grips? Need some for a 38.

Comments

• Options
    hunter.bhunter.b Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The number inside the yoke is 6587. It has BNP stamped in 10 different places. Appears to be .44 caliber. It has a lanyard loop. Does anyone have any idea what it is?
  • Options
    chicoppeechicoppee Member Posts: 312 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just checked the two that I have and NO the grips are not the same. The 32 is smaller than the 38 frame.
    Sorry!
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Believe that the 32 is an "I" frame, and the 38 is a "J" frame..
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,355 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    There is a fella that sells a lot of old s&W pieces on the auction side. He plugs his auctions over on the GD forum.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello - If you can make contact with "theranger1" - Don in Denton, Texas - he often will keep a lookout for the S&W part you need. Unfortunately - the PM e-mail icon doesn't work for the vast majority of us - so you may have to put a "paging 'theranger1'" post up on the General Discussion Forum and perhaps the "Want Ads" to see if you can make contact with him.

Best Regards - AQH
  • Options
    theranger1theranger1 Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hunter.b
    Does a 32cal Lemon Squeezer and a 38cal take the same grips? Need some for a 38.

Do you want the black factory stock grips or the walnut magna stock grips? The black factory and walnut magna stock grips from the S&W .32cal hand ejectors I frames will also fit the S&W .38cal hammerless (lemon squeezer).
  • Options
    theranger1theranger1 Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67
    Believe that the 32 is an "I" frame, and the 38 is a "J" frame..

There are 2 versions of .32s. The S&W .32cal top break models in the Hammerless (lemon squeezer) and .32cal top break models in the Double Action are called 1 1/2 frames, use the S&W .32cal short cartridge, whereas the S&W .32 Hand Ejector is called the I frame uses the .32cal long cartridge. Both the S&W .32 Hand Ejector and S&W .38 top break hammerless (lemon squeezer) use the same size grips.