In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Buehler Rings with Redfield Bases

bvshooterbvshooter Member Posts: 136 ✭✭
edited February 2018 in Ask the Experts
Will Buehler work with Redfield bases. I have no experience with Buehler TIA

Comments

• HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope, not inter-changeable.. The front ring stud on the Buehler is round, and locks in place with a side screw in the base.. Very high quality, but you need to use the rings on a Buehler base....
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went to the Buehler section, of Nick Stroebel's scope book. He reproduces a page, from a 1976 Buehler add. Nothing regarding Buehler rings, working on Redfield mounts or vise versa.

My experience with Redfield rings and bases. Is that they are a very tight tolerance, interference fit. Although Buehler's and Redfield's, might be similar in appearance? If they were even couple of thousand off one way or another. Not likely to work, unless hand fitted by a skilled machinist.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will NOT work: different system. I have both Redfield and Buehler systems and they will not interchange.
  • bvshooterbvshooter Member Posts: 136 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you sirquote:Originally posted by Hangfire
    Nope, not inter-changeable.. The front ring stud on the Buehler is round, and locks in place with a side screw in the base.. Very high quality, but you need to use the rings on a Buehler base....
    edited November -1
    I did some more research and see that now Thanksquote:Originally posted by Ambrose
    Will NOT work: different system. I have both Redfield and Buehler systems and they will not interchange.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replyquote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    Went to the Buehler section, of Nick Stroebel's scope book. He reproduces a page, from a 1976 Buehler add. Nothing regarding Buehler rings, working on Redfield mounts or vise versa.

My experience with Redfield rings and bases. Is that they are a very tight tolerance, interference fit. Although Buehler's and Redfield's, might be similar in appearance? If they were even couple of thousand off one way or another. Not likely to work, unless hand fitted by a skilled machinist.
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buehler is a different design, probably made to keep from infringing on Redfield patent. Now the patent has lapsed and there are several mounts on the Redfield design. I don't know if that means they are interchangeable, though.
    edited November -1
    Thanksquote:Originally posted by Hawk Carse
    Buehler is a different design, probably made to keep from infringing on Redfield patent. Now the patent has lapsed and there are several mounts on the Redfield design. I don't know if that means they are interchangeable, though.
  • AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Originally posted by Hawk Carse

My experience has been that the various manufacturers rings/bases of the Redfield design (Leupold, Burris, Weaver) will, in fact, interchange. Burris did at one time make an odd style of mount similar to the Redfield that did not interchange. I have a set of those Burris rings that I got at a gun show--I sure wish I could find a base to go with them!