In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

marbles peep sight

sportsmensshopsportsmensshop Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
edited February 2018 in Ask the Experts
Have a marbles rear tang peep sight stamped R7 underneath anyone happen to know what gun that would go on ? Thanks to anyone that can help

Comments

• Options
    spiritsspirits Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington 12C 22 pump action rifle is all I could find. The sight separately in good working condition is worth some money at least on ebay.
  • Options
    ochocoochoco Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Old Gunsights says the Marble R7 is for Remington 12 and 121, 22 caliber. It says R7C is for the Remington 12CS. 22 caliber.
  • Options
    sportsmensshopsportsmensshop Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks to bot for the info.....
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The C denotes target model (usually an octagon barrel) and the S is for the 22 Remington Special cartridge. So suspect the the sight has a longer stem for the longer range of the Special. I'd bet the sight would work on any 12/121. And yes they commanded way more money than I would pay for one.

Looking around the web I saw prices up to $600 for a sight - I'm thinking there will be counterfeit ones manufactured to that price.