In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Model 70 257 Roberts

lugee00lugee00 Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
Needing information on a post-64, Model 70 Winchester in 257 Roberts caliber. It's a featherweight, straight comb stock with schnable type fore-end. Barrel has no iron sights, and is pre-warning. Absolutely mint condition. I can't find any data in my books for one in this caliber except pre-64 manufacture. Any info appreciated and a ball park figure of worth if possible. Thanks,,,John.....

Comments

• lugee00lugee00 Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can a pre 64 model 70, in very good condition, built in the early fifties, safely shoot the newer 257 roberts+p loads? Specifically the federal 120 nosler partition load and the factory 117 grain power point load?
  • Ronald J. SnowRonald J. Snow Member Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have a Winchester Model 70 Featherweight that the 257 Roberts caliber was discontinued in 1985; you should have XTR on the barrel somewhere near the model number. You can find this listed in the Blue Book, 22nd. edition, page 1452. If it is still new in the box, the value listed is $435., at 95% the value listed is $325. Hope this is what you are looking for. By the way, for several years this model was considered the prettiest rifle ever manufactured in the US.
  • OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you wanting to sell it, if so I am interested.......Very Interested
    Orphanedcowboy@msn.comMember ~Secret Select Society of Sauve Stylish Smoking Jackets~