In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Makarov

royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
edited September 2002 in Ask the Experts
Dis-assembly for Makarov or Chinese variant----
lead me to a website??

tanx

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a W. German Makarov. Will a Walther mag fit in the pistol? If not does anyone know what will or where to get spare mags for this pistol? One of these days I'm gonna learn how to post pics. Thanks. Sam.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any suggestions on best way to sell handgun collection at once, instead of piece-by-piece?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    have one of these in .380; shoots great. can anyone point me in the right direction for basic dissasembly, just e'nuff for field cleaning. it is probably easy, but i am sure there is a step 1 , step 2 , etc.just don't wanna be left w/ a buncha parts that i can't put back together cause i missed step one. thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My neighbor has asked me a question that I cannot answer. Can one shoot .380 shells through a 9X18 cal barrel safely. I have looked at the shells and cycled one into the barrel so it looks possible but is it safe? Inquiring minds want to know. Recently I was educated to the fact that you couldn't shoot 40 cal in a 10mm. So I would like to know if this is same situation.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Bulgarian Makarov. I am happy with it but the blueing is pretty much gone. There is no pitting or rust present at all. What preparations do I need to make if I want to reblue it? I have disassembed it almost completely and cleaned it up well. Also, when reblueing, is it smart to leave apart and individually blue....not sure of the procedures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know where I can purchase a decent Makarov? I have seen them on the auction sites but did find a distributor that sold them for $99 and a price break if you bought more than 2. Unfortunatley they sold out and don't expect anymore in the near future. I guess I should have bought one when I had the chance. I even went to the Makarov.com site and the place they referred is out as well.

Thanks.

Jeff
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No u can't. Though by the numbers u'd think that the 9x18 was in the same family as the 9mm and the .380acp, its not. In fact its a bigger diameter bullet.

9x18 makarov is widely available, and from what I've observed cheaper than .380acp.
    Pickup a shotgun news for sources of ammo, if u don't have any local.

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Case failure and barrel bulge would be a "lucky outcome" Barrel damage would be definite, even with lead bullets. Leeblackman is right, look at the reloading section of a catalog, the 9mm mak bullets are listed by thereself because of a slightly bigger bore size.

A great rifle with a junk scope,....is junk.
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    you can shoot 40s+w in a 10mm revolver such as the s+w 610 assuming that you use moon clips... do it all the time. the clips control the headspace like a rim would in a 38 special to 357 magnum scenario. yes the 380's will probably go off but eventually barrel erosion would result, but the cost of the mak ammo being generally less than 380 why would you want to?

rich
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I have, in fact heard of someone doing this but wouldn't recommend it. In any event, bullet diameter is a bit different.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info guys. I should have known this is why they sell .380 barrels for them (aftermarket). Once again thanks to all who help keep me on the straight and narrow. You guys are great.