In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

looking for skunk scent

danthemandantheman Member Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
I used to use skunk scent when hunting but cant find it anymore. Has anyone seen it lately or know where I could find it. thanks

Comments

• Options
    johnbjohnb Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cabela's had it a couple years ago,and my local gun shop actually has some.

Eat the apple one bite at a time.
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    Welcome dantheman.Just my opinion but if I was a deer and smelled a skunk then I would be long gone.I have no proof of this like I said just an opinion.

"It was like that when I got here".
  • Options
    drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    Most trapping supply houses will have it in concentrated or diluted form. Its used in many trapping lures (mostly to cover human scent left while setting the trap). Here's one I know has it:

http://www.minntrapprod.com/

good luck with your better half letting you back in the house after using it.

Duty Honor Country
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    A 4-Wheeler has said, WELCOME dantheman!! If you had been here about 30 minutes ago you could have gotten some of the real deal!!! I came in from chopping corn and took the dogs for their run. ZEUS(Border Collie/Lab mix) hasn't learned what those little things that are the same color as he is are!!! TRIED TO EAT ONE!! Third time!!!! He smells like one, the other dog smells like one and I think both me and my Polaris 325Magnum smell like one!! Any self respecting deer or any other animal for that matter probably knows to leave that scent alone!!! Hope all you guys get a laugh out of this!! I smell like a "woodspussy"!!!! GHD