In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger Speed Six

bluesteel4rbluesteel4r Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
edited February 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have a Ruger Speed Six in SS 2.5 barrel and 38 cal. I can't seem to find any for sale at gunbroker. are they rare? what would one in like new condition be worth. any info would be appreciated Dave

Comments

• Options
    bluesteel4rbluesteel4r Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to a gun show last weekend. My girlfriend shot her first 38 special a couple of weeks ago and would like one. I saw a ruger speed six. The price was 240.00 The gun looked new to me. I assumed it was and that the going price was more than likely 20 buck less than the 240. (as it seems gunshow prices are crazy sometimes) Either way I dont make it a practice to purchase a firearm I dont know much about. I checked the auction side and 240 seems to be a good deal. It was stainless and had a 2 3/4 barrel. I dont know the serial number. I was wondering how these guns shot. Are they low recoil (I know its a 38). She was shooting a S&W 38 not sure of model maybe 19 or 20 and loved it. She doesnt want a snub nose either and none of that pink framed crap. She like the looks of the ruger. So does anyone have any experience with this weapon? Any comment would help.

dgac
  • Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    These are not rare. Like new condition would fetch you about $280.
  • Options
    MPinkstonMPinkston Member Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would anyone know where I could find a left handed paddle holster for one of these Ruger Speed Sixs?

OldGuns55@yahoo.com
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    the speed six is the same frame as the securtiy six
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    The Speed Six uses music wire springs for a smoother stroke. It was the issue arm for many Police Depts, but usually in 38special.
    Not rare, but no longer manufactured.

Left handed paddles are made by Safariland, Galco, Kramer, Ajax, and many others; look at www.natchezss.com or Sportsmansguide.com for a web-based solution.

"Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit" --OVID
  • Options
    tacataytacatay Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave, if you should be interested in selling your gun or if you list it for auction please let me know so I can make an offer
    Tom