In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Broken Browning 32 Auto

sonofvetsonofvet Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2005 in Ask the Experts
WHILE CLEANING MY DAD'S BROWNING 32 AUTO (MODEL 1921)
I DROPPED IT ON A CONRETE FLOOR AND THE RESULT WAS A BROKEN SPRING BASE. THIS IS A 3/16 DIAMETER EAR AT THE BACK OF THE MAIN BODY. THE SLIDE MECHANISM MUST SLIDE UP TO AND AROUND THIS EAR. THE FIRING PIN SPRING IS HELD BY THIS EAR IN ITS RECESSED BASE.
CAN A GUNSMITH REPAIR THIS?
WHERE DO I LOOK FOR ONE?
IT HAS GREAT SENTIMENTAL VALUE FOR ME AS MY DAD (DECEASED) CARRIED THIS IN A SHOULDER HOLSTER, WHILE HIS UNIT (6TH CAV)OCCUPIED POST WWII GERMANY.
I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE OR HELP

Comments

• Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try the Numrich Gun Parts Corp., wwe.e-GunParts.com or 1-800-866-686-7424. Good chance they'll have a genuine replacement part for your gun at less than what a skilled gunsmith would charge to fix your broken part.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately the thing you describe, is a integral part of the frame of the 1922 Browning Pistol. To even weld it back in position and get it to index correctly with the slide would be a daunting task.

See if you can hunt up a local gunsmith who's a good welder, perhaps he could work a miracle for you?

luger_4.jpg