In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR-15 bolt

andeburandebur Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited September 2010 in Ask the Experts
I have an Eagle Arms EA-15. Do some bolts have a spiral or helical gas ring instead of the typical 3 ring system?

Comments

• Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes. I forget the brand name but it is a common aftermarket part used by some assemblers.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought some from Brownells and put them in my ARs, they work fine but my guess is they fix a problem that doesn't exist - no better than standard 3 rings.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are the McFarland 1 piece gas ring.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:dfletcher
    Advanced Member

USA
    4144 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 : 1:56:08 PM Show Profile Reply with Quote
    I bought some from Brownells and put them in my ARs, they work fine but my guess is they fix a problem that doesn't exist - no better than standard 3 rings.
    dsf
    Go to Top of Page

BHAVIN
    Advanced Member

USA
    2936 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 : 2:04:21 PM Show Profile Reply with Quote
    They are the McFarland 1 piece gas ring.
    Check out my auctions. www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=258519

The McFarland is correct as well as it fixing a problem that doesn't exist. I recently took my AR apart after firing about 500 rounds through it and all the gas rings were perfectly aligned in that the gaps were all lined up perfectly. It had no bearing on the gun functioning at all. But if it makes you feel better spend away.