Colt Python question

us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,186 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2016 in Ask the Experts
Just got a 1970 4" Python (FINALLY) and need to know what the factory grips were serial makes it a 1970. This is what it looks like now. Thanks.
Python.jpg
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• us55840us55840 Member Posts: 31,186 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 1981 Colt catalog showing a 22 & 22WMR Python.
    Does anyone know if these were ever actually made?
    Thanks.
    Brian
    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln
    edited November -1
    with the python what is the difference between regular colt blue and a royal blue finish if any? thanks
    edited November -1
    I just purchased a 1962 blue 6" Colt Python. It doesn't have the original wood grips. Do any of you experts have a link or picture or can give me a good discription of what they looked like stock from the factory in 1962?

Thanks!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
    edited November -1
    Anyone know the DOM of a Colt Python s/n PY9526?

Also, this revolver has a 'single hole' front sight blade (missing). Did it come with a red ramp or plain blued from sight blade?

Where can one get a single hold red ramp blade for it?

Thanks
    edited November -1
    I recently came across a .357 colt python. Gun is in beautiful shape. Has stage grips and seems to be barley (possibly not) fired. I'm kind of confused on the finish though. It seems to be a matte black finish. Has anybody seen/heard of this? I'm not sure if its refurbished or if its original. The only information I have is it was manufactured in the late 70's. I have not come across any in this finish. Any information would help.

Thanks.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,409 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You got a late production one. Going to have to call Colt customer service @ 1-800-962-COLT.

I would check Brownells Gunsmith Supply, for a replacement front sight. They have been in business for many years, and have a very extensive selection of parts and accessories. Probably the biggest seller of new replacement parts in the U.S.

If Brownells doesn't have any new replacement sights in stock? Try Gun Parts Corp. For used ones.
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the help.

[8D]