In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FEG 9mm Makarov / 380 Help Needed

DenverDuckDenverDuck Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
edited May 2016 in Ask the Experts
Thanks in advance for any help offered.

I picked up a mixed box of FEG / Walther clone parts and there are slides/barrels in both 380 and 9mm Mak.

How can I tell if said unmarked barrels are chambered for 380 or the 9mm Makarov since they are so similar.

Duck

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 9mm Makarov is a slightly larger diameter than the .380 ACP. Base diameter of the 380 is .374" and base dia. of the Mak is .392"
    I'd get a round of each and try them, the 9mm Mak should not fit in the .380 barrel.

Edit for Navc1 below...
    Shouldn't that read that the .380 will chamber in the Mak, but the Mak should not chamber in the .380?
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree, the Mak should not chamber in the .380. The two are very close. I measured the cases and tested chambering. It could come down to measuring the bores. Or, trying to drop a bullet thru the barrel. NeoB is 100% CORRECT. However, after measuring cases I have on-hand, it is possible a Mak would chamber in a loose .380 chamber (I think).
  • Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The bore diameter on the 9mm Mak should be .364", the .380ACP will be .354"