In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AR180

tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in Ask the Experts
I have several AR180 rifles. One of them has a broken stock hinge: a little piece of stamped metal. I called Armalite to see if they had a replacement part, but all I got was a good laugh from them. They recommended I contact a guy named Pete Fleis, but they did not have any contact information for him.

Does anyone know how I can contact this Pete Flies or otherwise acquire this part?

Comments

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just do a google.
  • tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by duckhunter
    Just do a google.
    I did. I got several hundred hits on fly fishing. Then I changed the spelling and did find a couple of articles he wrote, but no address or contact info.[xx(]
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Storm Werkz used to have a repair kit for the AR-180 stock hinge, which was always a weak area of the rifle. You might check them out and see if they have something listed that will solve your issue.

http://stormwerkz.com/
  • bwctbwct Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fleis Auto Body
    Licensee Name: Fleis, Pete L
    118 W Davis St
    St Louis, MO 63111
    Phone: 314-638-7729
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The hinge was the achilles heel, of the original 18's/180's. No matter who made them. I owned a Costa Mesa, for almost 20 years.

Fixing or replacing the hinge is a exercise in futility, IMHO. Unless your want to fix it up for sale. As they have become pricey collectors items. The last ones made, were the Sterlings in the 80's.

No way you can really fix the hinge, to make it more durable. Either have it permanently welded in the fully extended position, as a shooter. Or get hold of this Fleis guy to fix it. So you can sell it for big bucks.

This current outfit using the Armalite name. Has no connection with the original Costa Mesa Armalite Corp. Other than owning the rights, to the Armalite name. They did make a 180B model, with a fixed plastic stock for awhile, though.
  • tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bwct
    Fleis Auto Body
    Licensee Name: Fleis, Pete L
    118 W Davis St
    St Louis, MO 63111
    Phone: 314-638-7729
    Got it. Called. We talked for over an hour. Hell of a nice guy.
  • b0400879b0400879 Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [/quote]Got it. Called. We talked for over an hour. Hell of a nice guy.[/quote]

Solved over the phone: good news. Who needs the G@#Dang inter-web[?]