In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

1885 Low Wall question for Bert H

ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in Ask the Experts
Bert a family friend has decided to downsize and is giving me her late husbands Low Wall. Her daughters don't want it. The dilemma is if I remember the rifle is in .32 rimfire, which of course nobody loads for anymore. I see it on the auction side now & then but it doesn't look shootable. Can these rifles be easily converted to shoot say .32 S&W or .32 Long centerfire? The rifle has not been fired since the 1940's...it's been hung over a fireplace mantel. If not easily converted then I'll probably just hang it on the wall as well.

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think there are kits that make 32 rim fire sort of reloadable.

http://32rimfire.blogspot.com/ there are others this is the first one I came across.
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The conversion from rim fire to center fire requires replacing the breech block and firing pin. Finding an original center fire breech block will be the hard part. After you find one, it will need to be checked for fit & function.

Navy Arms has imported (from Brazil) several runs of 32 Rim Fire ammo in the past. You might check with them to see if any is available or will be available in the future.
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah cool thank you. When I pick it up in August I will post pics & serial number.