In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

USGI SMITH & WESSON/ COLT, HEAVY LEATHER HOLSTER B

tangaratangara Member Posts: 133 ✭✭
edited May 2016 in Ask the Experts
Did they ever make the USGI SMITH & WESSON/ COLT, HEAVY LEATHER HOLSTER B07-44SF in a left hand draw?

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most I've seen have been right hand, for the S & W Model 15. If it has the military stock number on it? They might have also obtained it, for the AP's that were port siders?
  • tangaratangara Member Posts: 133 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "If it has the military stock number on it? They might have also obtained it, for the AP's that were port siders?" What does his mean? This holster also has 005-00480-6807 stamped under the B07-44SF.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tangara
    "If it has the military stock number on it? They might have also obtained it, for the AP's that were port siders?" What does his mean? This holster also has 005-00480-6807 stamped under the B07-44SF.

"AP", is Air Police the guys in the Air Force, who would have used this holster.

"Port Siders", is a slang term for people who are left handed.

Don't know factually? But the Air Force might have supplied the left handed holster. To Air Police that were left handed?

You might try GOOGLEing the numbers, "005-00480-6807" and "B07-44SF". To see if you can substantiate Air Force usage of a left hand holster. I.E., are these Military Stock Numbers or Air Force identification numbers?
  • tangaratangara Member Posts: 133 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks or the info rufe! The holster I have is a right hand draw. I picked it up years ago a a gun show for $5 or $10 bucks in fair condition. I thought it was a surplus European police holster. I have used this holster for several odd ball firearms over the years. The bottom leather plug fell out years ago. I recently purchased a Kel-Tec PMR-30 and it fits in his holster like a glove. I am left handed and would like o find one with a left hand draw if they ever made them.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tangara
    Did they ever make the USGI SMITH & WESSON/ COLT, HEAVY LEATHER HOLSTER B07-44SF in a left hand draw?
    Yes.

This holster was USAF issue for their 4in. S&W Model 15 up until the early 90's when it was replaced by the M9 pistol.