In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Walther ppq 45

combatinccombatinc Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
edited February 2018 in Ask the Experts
any thoughts on the walther ppq 45 I have a mod2 in 9mm and wanted to know if the 45 shoots just as good.

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't have any hands-on, with this particular Walther. Any time you have the 45 ACP, on a light weight platform like this PPQ. Perceived recoil, will be very "snappy". Affecting the 2nd and 3rd shots.

Your going to have to be doing a lot of live fire drills. So this won't be a problem, in a real personal protection scenario. If you intend it to be your EDC.

Many moons ago, I bought one of the original alloy framed .45 ACP Colt Commanders. After shooting it a couple of times, with U.S. issue ammo. Got rid of it, pronto. Couldn't keep the 2nd and 3rd shots. On a pie plate, except if I was in a phone booth.
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok I thought maybe someone who owned one would answer but it?s been a couple of days. We have sold a few PPQ?s chambered in 45 but many more in 9 mm. I have not fired the gun in45 but have shot HK?s and Glock?s in 45 including 21?s and 30?s both models of which I own. I don?t see recoil as a problem in these guns and would say it seems less than in a lightweight 1911. Maybe the flex in the polimier frame? The ergonomics on the Walther are much better than Glock?s and should be even more controllable. My PPQ in 9 mm is an extremely good shooter and is my favorite plastic gun. I see no reason the 45 shouldn?t be just as good. In fact I might need one myself. [:)]