In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How does one go about ordering consecutive serial

bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in Ask the Experts
Before long, I want to get several Ruger LCP 2's for myself, wife, and probably two more for family members and think it would be best to get them all in consecutive serial numbers. How would one go about that? Are there any sellers here on GB that could order them?
Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.

Comments

• Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had a dealer request them from the wholesaler when I ordered them. That was years ago, and only two guns though.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My FFL sells consecutive serial numbered Vaqueros. They are ordered from the wholesaler as Trap says and in pairs. Perhaps you could order 2 pair of pairs.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just don't see the attraction of consecutive numbers in a modern gun.

But, if you're going to that much trouble & delay, you may as well order custom SN's: "BAMBI1, 2, 3, etc" And, some distinctive features, like gold plated hammer & trigger.

Neal
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    I got this pair by accident. Ordered three, and two were consecutively numbered.

https://www.GunBroker.com/item/751409194

Looks like I may end up keeping them.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was all enthused when a dealer set out some consecutive numbered guns, there was one or two pairs and a triple.
    He said "Son, they all come out of the factory with consecutive numbers."
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of room above or below RUGER on the plastic grip frame to have a name engraved.

Bill's
    RUGER

or

JANE'S
    RUGER
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. I did buy some Dan Wesson Razorback 1 of 150's a while back from two different places and they turned out to be consecutive. My nephew and brother in law both like those guns so I have willed them one of each (I have others in that 1 of 150, but those are the only consecutive).
    To me, it would seem the odds would be good if a large company ordered these with decent quantity they would get some, but maybe not 4.
    I appreciate your input.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried to get consecutive Vaqueros and the dealer tried but the distributor wouldn't do it. I have two that have a one number skip between the two. Now they offer it for an additional cost.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you call Henry they will do it for you ..
  • Options
    DEEREHARTDEEREHART Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ordered 3 rifles from Cooper a few years ago. I also ask for special serial numbers they did it for a small fee.