In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Grips for Taurus M85 and M327

WuzzahawgdriverWuzzahawgdriver Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited March 2018 in Ask the Experts
I see some places say Taurus small frame revolvers Model 85 (.38 Spl) and Model 327 (.327 Fed Mag)use the same size grips, grips are interchangeable between the 2 models. But a few places say not-so. Taurus is no help, cust service never answers phone. ShopTaurus web site only shows grips for M85, no mention of M327. Other grip makers like Altamont also show several grips for M85, but no mention of M327. What is true story here: will grips for M85 fit my M327, or not?

Comments

• Options
    KronyKrony Member Posts: 303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd probably take your 327 to a local shop and ask the guy behind the counter if he'd pull grips off an 85 to see if they'll fit. Most folks will do it if you ask nice. [:)]
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got this post off the Taurus forum. This guy says, they are the same. I believe the post was over 5 years old. Doubtful that anybody is still making 327's.

"It's the same frame as the 85. I put a Hogue grip on my 327 for a better fit with the pinkie. I want to say the Hogue Monogrip. ?? Taurus has grips cheaper but couldn't seem to get them in stock.

Buds I think still has the 327. I got my for the option of the four rounds but so far only put about 150 of 32L. Can't find 327 to give it a test.

Dave
  • Options
    WuzzahawgdriverWuzzahawgdriver Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Appreciate info from both. If I can find someone who has a M85 and is willing to pull the grips, a hands-on fit check with my M327 would certainly answer grips compatibility question.