In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 1300

furciousfurcious Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
edited March 2018 in Ask the Experts
I'm new 2 this whole removable choke shotgun system. I have a Winchester Model 1300 with winchoke system. Will the Browning Standard Invector Chokes work with this gun? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Has anyone had the problem on a 1300 of the magazine cap nut not tighting on the barrel. When the cap nut is tight I have about 1/8" and the detent on the nut dosen't engage...

dave
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Wnchester 1300 12ga featherweight in mint condition it has a 22 inch barrel with vent rib and win-chokes. I found the year of mfg as 1986 but I can't find were it came with a 22 inch vent rib and win chokes According to the blue book they had 26or 28 inch barrels can anyone help me with this serial number L1894715 thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I own a 1300 I wanted to know if i could shoot 00 buckshot with it or do I need the bird barrel ? also if there is a mag ext out there so it could hold 7 shots ...
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What would you like to know ??
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Likely the barrel on the 1300, can be swapped easily. Because of this, any of the different 1300 barrels. Can be used on a standard receiver. Short barrel for slugs, and home defense. Long barrel for hunting.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1200 barrels will also fit on the 1300. You might have just purchased Dr. Frankenstein's shotgun.
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds like it is not original.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    1200 barrels will also fit on the 1300. You might have just purchased Dr. Frankenstein's shotgun.

Not so. This is one of the main selling points. Of this type of shotgun. I use to sell Mossberg's that came with 2 barrels, as well as a separate pistol grip. Every thing was swappable, in a couple of minutes.

Even if Winchester didn't sell the 1300 with a extra barrel. Spare barrels and pistol grips. Are readily available, as aftermarket accessories. Check out, the on-line auctions.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in the day, it wasn't all that big a deal to put screw in choke tubes. The reamers/taps could be found for nearly every OEM. I shortened a Rem 870 and a H&R Topper to 20". I needed thin wall on one of them so I just did them both that way so they could share the 5 tubes.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had one briefly back then, worst recoil I ever experienced, bruised my cheek badly. The 1300s had easily changeable barrels and I had a rifled barrel for slugs and a 26" barrel with win chokes and an after market turkey barrel. I believe as stated a variety of barrels were available. The 1300 did not last all that long.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The model 1300 was marketed as a "speed pump". It cycles fast, using recoil to help start the reloading. They do have a "different" felt recoil than most pump guns.
    I have had many of the 1200/1300 guns, one I favor most now, is a Ted Williams model sold by Sears, when sears was a real store.[:0]
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester had a 22" winchoke barrel in their turkey model. My two NWTH models have these and I believe they are from the early 90's.
    They also made a non NWTH turkey model that had the 22" winchoke barrel.
  • Options
    bearman49709bearman49709 Member Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    I don't know about 1986 but in 1990-91 I bought a new one that came with the 22" barrel, vent rib and Win chokes and was listed on the box that way.