In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

type 26 ammo

foofoo Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
edited March 2018 in Ask the Experts
Is the ammo for the Japanese type 26 revolver 9mm? Have you see it come available for sale? Is there a conversion for it and have you ever seen dies available? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Years ago Midway use to sell it, in Orange colored boxes. Although I haven't seen it for years. The problem in reloading it, is that the rim thickness is much less than common revolver ammo.

The front surface of the rim has to be reduced, so that the reloaded brass would chamber correctly. That's the problem. Years back, recall a article about reloading it. Once the rim had been thinned standard dies and components could be used to make sat ammo.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I shoot .38 short Colt in mine with good results. Powerwise and dimensionally, it's practically the same.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking
    I shoot .38 short Colt in mine with good results. Powerwise and dimensionally, it's practically the same.

Do you have to do anything to the 38 SC ammo, rims. So that they will chamber?
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

Do you have to do anything to the 38 SC ammo, rims. So that they will chamber?

Rufe, not a thing. Very mild report and almost no recoil.
  • Options
    foofoo Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by foo
    Is the ammo for the Japanese type 26 revolver 9mm? Have you see it come available for sale? Is there a conversion for it and have you ever seen dies available? Thanks in advance
    Excellent info... thanks