In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Original Colt Bisley grips

telohftelohf Member Posts: 913 ✭✭
edited April 2018 in Ask the Experts
Any Colt experts out there who might help me please let me know.

I have a Colt Bisley in .44 Special that according to the serial number was made in 1896. It has a set of aftermarket grips(not good ones I might add). My question is this...Do all of the Colt Bisley grips fit and interchange or have they changed?

I'm looking to replace the bad ones with original Colt Bisley grips from that era.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    hello like the colt SAA original grips were fitted to each gun at the factory and very seldom will a factory pair fit another grip frame . I purchased a set of nutmeg Sport IVORY grips that look great but were costly
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you find a set of original Bisley grips, they may not be a 100% perfect fit, but will still be much better than having reproduction grips on it. Someone just got a great buy on a set of original Bisley grips on Ebay because the seller didn't know what they fit and hadn't listed them as such.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The .44 Special wasn?t invented until 1907...is your Colt a rechambered gun or is the info where you got the date wrong?