In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ak47 drum loading instructions?

KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
can any AK nuts enlighting this nut on how to load and operate the drum i just got? thanks

Comments

• oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    If it's the Norinco and if my memory serves, there is a button in the middle of the key to release tension. Release this first. place drum key down and remove backplate. The operating arm inside should be moved all the way to the left. Place rounds point first into the cubicles and replace and lock backplate. Wind key apprx. 10 full turns. as you fire the tension may not be enough to feed all rds. simply turn key a few more turns.
  • lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kadaver, if you need further guidance, I can take you through the proceedure. However, the key is to relieve the tension and wind the follower into the center of the spiral, clockwise. When you load the drum, make sure to load it to its full capacity. Skipping a few slots here or there can cause the assembly to spin and cause damage to the carrier and the guide that is at the base of the tower. If you choose to leave the drum loaded for an extented period, simply open the back and push the center button. This will release the spring tension and the drum can be left loaded indefinitely without wearing the spring.
  • KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks guys....i got her.....ole Bess and Me are going to the range to play with her tomorrow.