In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BAYONET-WHAT KIND DO I NEED????

joannalsojoannalso Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have 1917 U.S. Eddystone (30-06 I think) serial #540221. What kind or type of bayonet do I need? I don't know anything about this subject. Would another year fit?Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    This rifle takes the Pattern 17, also known as British pattern 14 bayonet. Southern Ohio Guns just got a shipment in for about $40 each, which is a good price. Check out their websight- I don't remember it off hand, but run a search at yahoo or something. You might also check ebay.
    "...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.
  • BufflerBuffler Member Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The web address for Southern Ohio Gun is www.southernohiogun.com This should help BE SAFE!! Buffler
  • king999king999 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be careful. I believe that those bayonets offered by SOG are recently made (Canada) and although dimensionally identical, were NOT made for the Enfield. They were made for our military shotguns (trenchguns). The CORRECT bayonet will be marked model 1917, and will show as manufacturer either Remington (perfect for you) or Winchester.Morty