In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt new frontier

bigsambigsam Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have a Colt new frontier 7.5 inch barrel and 44-40 caliber. It was made in either 1980 or 1981 and is in new condition. Unable to find info about it. I was told that it was rare. Any info on the value and any other info would be much appreciated.
thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    bigsambigsam Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Colt New Frontier .22/.22 Mag that I bought in the early 1970's. The gun has a 4 3/8" barrel and a serial number G103xxx. The gun has been fired very little and has been in a soft case in my closet for years. A few tiny marks on the mag cylinder are all the imperfections on the gun. I have the original receipt and the manual. I'm thinking about trading the gun. Any idea/speculation of a fair price?

bud
  • Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blue Book says ".44-40 WCF (rare)." And while I'm no expert on New Frontiers, I can't recacll seeing many in that caliber.
    Anyway, Blue Book gives a value for NIB of $1050 minus 15% for the 7 1/2 barrel. And +5% for the complete box.
    Looks like the long barrels are the most common and .44SPL the most common caliber; 4 3/4 and .357 the least common.
    New Frontiers seem to be increasing in value slightly from a few years ago, but I don't see many selling for over $1000.
  • Options
    jstndrfrjstndrfr Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Sam the new frontier just never quite caught on. I dont care what anyone says there just not highly sought after like the SAA are. Quite frankly I think there ugly. They were manufactured as a "safer" pistol. They did inspire rugers blackhawk. IMHO sell that NF and buy a Blackhawk to shoot. New Frontiers are overpriced and just hard to move. Not knockin just statin' facts. Joe