In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best Mini14/Ranch Rifle Magazines

ContacFrontContacFront Member Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2005 in Ask the Experts
Gentlemen,

What are the best magazines for the Mini 14/Ranch Rifle? I keep on hearing John Mason Magazines but have not had any luck finding any.

Comments

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You may want to post this over in the General Discussion Forum as their are a couple members here that have had luck with a new magazine. I think it's called a Black Warrior sold by www.cdnninvestments.com

I had no luck with Mini 14 mags, sold my Mini 14 a few years ago and bought another AR.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • Options
    RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    For 5 rounders I go with Factory.

For 10 rounders I go with Pro-Mag, and I get them from Sportsmans Guide.

For 11+ rounds, the best is Ruger Factory.

John Masen has a website

http://www.johnmasen.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=J&Category_Code=RMA

I have never used his mags, but have heard good things.

rug.jpg

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin 1759
  • Options
    RDTRDT Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Masen mags are almost identical to factory Rugers but are 10 rounders. They work great. I have had good luck with PMImags in steel and Thermold and eagle mags in plastic. I am not sure how long the eagle mags will last but they work good when new. The Thermolds are almost indestructable. Factory Ruger high caps are just to much $$$. There are a lot of junk mags out there for mini 14's. Maybe this will improve with the high cap ban removed.
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    factory mags for 5 and 20 round magazines. [8D]

Greg
    Former Marine
    A N G L I C O