In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sten gun value

riley priley p Member Posts: 217 ✭✭
edited March 2005 in Ask the Experts
In the mid 80's I registered and built a MK II Sten from parts a buddy sent me. The price of the tax stamp was awful ($200) but the parts were free and the muffler pipe was around $10. I was recently told this thing was worth more than I can actually believe. I'm looking to get into ultralight aircraft and want the cash. OK folks, I know what it's worth, but what can I get for it??

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's worth is what you can get for it.

I assume that the registered part is the (muffler pipe) receiver; I don't know how durable that is, & neither does anyone else.

Since you don't want it any more, list it at auction for what you've got into it, & be happy if you get more.

Neal
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    You'll have to contact MARK CHRISTIAN...He's our resident authority on Automatic Weapons....Mark will probably be online shortly at any rate....be patient......I'm sure You will be hearing from Him shortly.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    riley priley p Member Posts: 217 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mark christian
    You are probably looking at around $3000 but the sky is the limit on machineguns so it could go for quite a bit more. If you would have registered 100 of those muffler tubes you'd now be set for a decade (or three) of easy living!

"Nothing can ever be made 'idiot proof' because idiots are simply too clever"!
    Mark T. Christian
    Thanks Mark, that is ball park of what I was told. Hard to believe isn't it??