In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

looking for aprox. prices

packagepackage Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2005 in Ask the Experts
i recently bought a small collection of guns from a resident in a retirement community.in this collection was a japanese type 99 duo pod rifle in great shape and a meridan firearms 12 gauge side by side the only markings on the shotgun are the serial number and the date july 9 1907.does anybody have any idea of the approximate value of the meridan as i cant find out any info anuywhere? from what i understand the jap rifle could go for as much as 700-8-- or as little as 200 is this accurate?also in the collection was a sears model 14 bolt action 12 gauge 2 3/4 chamber with polly choke in mint condition is this worth keeping as a user or seller?

Comments

• dcinffxvadcinffxva Member Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Arisaka rifles are pretty plentiful, and unless they are perfect will rarely be on the high end. The biggest detractor in value is usually the Chrysanthemum. If that has been ground off, the value will rarely be above $200.00 from what I've seen available.

According to Flayderman's, the value of run of the mill SXS shotguns of this vintage is Fine-$150.00-$350.00

Not sure about the Sears, but if it's in mint condition, there is probably a collector out there that would be interested.

Of course these are just ballpark estimates. Photos would help, but any real evaluation would have to be done with the piece in hand, and to be honest, it doesn't appear that any of these will be worth the cost of an appraisal.

Also, welcome to Gunbroker !

Ride Hard, Live Free, Never Surrender.
    J.S. Mosby