In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 1100 hammer doesnt fall

But If NotBut If Not Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
edited September 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have a Remington 1100 and when I pull the trigger it clicks but the hammer wont fall. If I pull the trigger about 2, 3, or so more times the hammer will fall. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    WEAK OR SHORTENED TRIGGER/SEAR SPRING, DIRTY.
  • Options
    springer1springer1 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hammer??Firing pin?
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have you taken the shotgun apart? By that, I mean remove the barrel, then punch out the 2 plastic pins that go from 1 side of the receiver to the other. You can then remove the trigger group & examine it for obvious problems such as described above. (If you pull the trigger at this point, be sure to restrain the hammer so that it doesn't snap forward.)

Neal
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dirty

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very Dirty !!

"GOD created Q-tips for cleaning GUNS...not EARS."
    a1peteshooting.jpg50bmg2new.jpg
    "You can run....but you can't hide."
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    But If NotBut If Not Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I took it apart and found it to be fairly dirty inside. I cleaned it up and put it back together but it still does it. When the trigger assy is out of the gun it works perfectly - but when I put it back in the hammer wont fall.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    TRY PUSHING FORWARD ON THE OPERATING HANDLE, AND THEN TRY THE TRIGGER. IF THE GAS SYSTEM IS DIRTY IT MAY NOT ALLOW THE BOLT TO GO FULLY INTO BATTERY THUS NOT ALLOWING THE DISCONNECT TO FULLY WORK.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    Have you taken the shotgun apart? By that, I mean remove the barrel, then punch out the 2 plastic pins that go from 1 side of the receiver to the other. You can then remove the trigger group & examine it for obvious problems such as described above. (If you pull the trigger at this point, be sure to restrain the hammer so that it doesn't snap forward.)

Neal
    I have my doubts about plastic trigger housing pins in a 1100 Rem.

Gun control is hitting what your aiming at.
  • Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a disconnect problem. Pull out the trigger assemble. Look on the left side of the assembly. The extension or arm from the trigger goind forward must be on the top side of the disconnect. Also, if the sear spring was changed, shortened to reduse trigger puyll. Or if it is weak, will cause the same problem.