In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 600

hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
edited September 2005 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone ever seen a Remington 600 with a chrome finish walnut stock vent rib. I have one that I received from the original owner. He bought it new and it is in excellent shape . please let me know Rob

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Is it possible to replace the plastic vent rib on a Remington 600 with metal rib that won't warp, yet look original. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How do I get the bolt out of my 600? I just got it and havent looked to hard but figured I could same myself some time by posting it here.

Thanks
    John
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have a 600 in .222 rem mag and wish to change barrel if i get a
    .222 rem or .223 rem do i also need to change bolt
    will parts from a 600 mohawk fit a reg 600
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have about 15 model 600's in various calibers but have trouble finding info on this model gun any suggestions of where to get informtion?
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hadjii,

The plastic bottom trigger guard can be replaced as well. Brownells carries those parts also.

Heritage Arms #429-600-101

Brownells carries the Rifle Basix triggers for the Rem. 600 but the original trigger can and should only be modified by a qualified gunsmith:

http://www.bryantcustom.com/

Best.

rifleman.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking at trading my 88 Winchester for a 600 that is about 95% other than the warpage of the rib and trigger guard. My 88 is about 99%, and I'm afraid to take it out and shoot it, so I'm just thinking of trading it in on something I will shoot.
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    hadjii,
    I have a 600 Mohawk in .243.

I LOVE IT!!

BUT!!

I just took a quick look in the Gun Traders Guide.

I think if it were me,I'd hang on to the 88 and buy the 600 outright(if possible).

Unless,of course,your getting some "boot" in the trade.

But that's just me.

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gary,

In good conscience, I have to bring up this thread that you started back in June:

http://forums.forthehunt.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=160384

Just select the link and read the thread. The fact still remains that your Winchester M88 is more valuable than any of the run-of-the-mill Rem. 600's. Please make sure that you get some extra money plus the Rem. 600 in trade for your M88. I could be wrong but something in the area of $300.00 dollars more plus the other rifle.

I don't want to see someone take advantage of you.

Best.

rifleman.gif