In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NO GO for 7.62 x 39 ?

gotstolefromgotstolefrom Member Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
Since the feedback is so good here, I'll dip in the well again.

I don't know exactly how many SKS and AK's have past by me. It may be that I've never seen something that would make me consider headspace problems. It has really made me think, because that is something simple I will do on commercial bolt guns, on a ^%#$ sporter, or re-barreled action. But on SKS, AK's, in 'good shape' upon inspection, I never checked with a 'NO GO' gauge. May be because of the (loose) way they are made, or that I'm not putting up big bucks, I just blew it off.

I know I have been lucky all my life....am I about to find out , again , how lucky I have been?

What are your thoughts on this.

If we do not hang together,
We will most certainly hang separately.

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    7.62x39 is not a high intensity or accurate round (it can be, but not the mil-surp. ammo/guns on the market) so a little slop in the heaspace dept. isn't a big deal. btw I'd forget the no-go gauge and use a field guage for most rifles. I sold a yugo sks here over a year ago that I had rebarreled (chinese barrel from ebarf on a yugo action), I was getting near 1" groups @ 100 yrds. with Win. superX ammo. the buyer said he couldn't get any where near that level of accuract with it. so I got to thinking about the ammo, I have a bolt gun in 7.62x39 with a good scope so I shot some groups with the win. ammo and several types of mil-surp. ammo. win. still shot to 1"+-, best I could do with the mil-surp was 6"