In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

good starting price for scoped Ruger Mk II ?

sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
I had been wanting a scoped .22 pistol for some time so I put one together from things I already had,Stainless MkII target,B-square mount "older gun not tapped" Leupold M8 2x scope,now that I built it I do not like it,its an absolute tack driver but way to heavy,trying to decide if I want to take it all back apart or just list it on gunbroker,gun, mount and scope are in at least 95% ,whats a good starting price,and dont tell me a penny,I list them without a reserve but I start the bidding at my lowest price and I cant find any scoped MkII's that have sold .
ruger22left.jpg
ruger22right.jpg
ruger22front.jpg

Comments

• gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Well, considering it's a stainless bull barrel, and not a slabside Gov't Competition barrel, the scope mount is long enough to almost cover the ejection port, and the black standard grips; that gun is too ugly to start at anything under $100.
    It would probably be the source of much ridicule and abuse at the range; but if it were mine, I'd remove the scope/mount, switch to a volthane grip, paint the whole thing camo, and use it for plinking.

"Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit" --OVID
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    About 5 years ago,after having my MkII,stainless,10 1/2"bbl.stolen,I paid $360 for a 99% Slab Side,Stainless,Competition Model,w/silver Simmons scope(which has since been removed).

That may have been a bit on the high side,but "I had to have it".[:D]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    if you still have the rear sight , then I would take it apart and list the gun, throw the mount in with it as a package deal and list the scope by its self .. If you leave it as it is I would start at about $300 with shipping at $25 which will make you eat a little of the shipping but will get more attention
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks
    with the B-square mount you do not have to remove the rear sight,its still on the gun.I think that is what I will do is take it back apart and sell the 3 pieces here on GB,its a great little gun and shoots much straighter than I can but I have 3 Buckmarks and just prefer them,they seem to fit my hand better and are lighter,plus I know everyone is different but I just prefer a wheel gun in a .22 and I have several of them also.
    thanks again
  • gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    let me know when you list it , i would maybe take a shoot at it [:D]