In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 20c Recoil Spring for Heavy Loads

leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
edited October 2009 in Ask the Experts
I was looking at some 10mm ammo today, and they have Buffalo Bore 10mm Heavy stocked at my local cabela's. Its a 180gr JHP @ 1350fps w/782ft lbs out of a 5 inch barrel. I almost grabbed a box, but then I remembered I'd probably have to put a heavier recoil spring in my gun. I don't know what the factory weight recoil spring for the glock 20 is, I'm assuming 16 or 18lbs. What weight recoil spring would be recommended for such a heavy load? Are there any particular brands that won't require I replace the whole guide rod assembly? Does glock have an increased power spring from the factory thats available?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wolff Gunsprings has them. Factory for the G 20 is 17 Lbs. Extra power sold by Wolff is 19,20,22 & 24.

I would start at least 20 or 22 for that Buffalo Bore load.
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    After spending a few hours online, I'm looking at IMSI springs rather than wolff. I'll probably get a spring kit, but they have the flat coil springs that go in the factory guide rod assembly. Now I just need to find somewhere I can order a buncha guide rod assemblies without springs.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by leeblackman
    After spending a few hours online, I'm looking at IMSI springs rather than wolff. I'll probably get a spring kit, but they have the flat coil springs that go in the factory guide rod assembly. Now I just need to find somewhere I can order a buncha guide rod assemblies without springs.

Wolff also sells the guide rods, I've been using their springs and guide rods for years, with my G 20. All you need is one rod, start off with the either a light or heavy spring. Swap out the springs until function/recoil is satisfactory.