In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

L&K Scope Repair

crichtoncdcrichtoncd Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone else had a bad experience with L&K Scope Repair? they have lost a scope sent to them and act like it is my fault?? CDC

Comments

• Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    If you sent the scope to them and it was received, then I'd think they'd have some responsibility. If you sent it and they didn't get it, then it would be between you and the shipping co.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They seem to have a good reputation.

S&W lost one of my pistols back in the 80's for over a week. It did turn up and they even fixed it for free. I did have to write a nasty letter though. They were owned at that time by Bangor Punta Marine, I ask if next week they would be owned by Disney and Goofy would be in charge of Customer Service?
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you shipped an expensive scope by USPS Parcel Post & declined insurance, you have only yourself to blame.

Regular readers of this forum know that valuables must be shipped by UPS or FedEx, or one of the USPS options that includes tracking.

I am not familiar with L&K; they are not on our "Scope Repair" list. They may be a fine company, we haven't had any reports from readers, one way or the other.

Neal
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anything sent USPS, whether it's Priority or Standard Post has a tracking number printed on the receipt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Updated List:

Scope Repair
    (Updated 08/30/2015)

Iron Sight, Inc.
    4814 S ELWOOD AVE
    Tulsa, OK 74107
    Phone1 : 918 . 445 . 2001
    Phone2 : 918 .521 . 7736
    http://www.ironsightinc.com/

ABO(USA) Inc
    14041 SW 139th Ct
    305-860-4858
    http://abousainc.com/

Dan Stangerone
    104 Pollywiggle Ln
    Pleasantville, NY 10570
    ds1911@verizon.net

I stick to replacing crosshair wires on ONLY Unertl & Lyman & * external adjustment scopes and the Weaver 330 and M73B1 sniper scopes as well. No cleaning or other repairs. Turnaround time is immediate, as I usually get the scopes fixed and back in the next day's mail. No 6 or 8 month wait...Price for crosshair wire replacement is $85 and I'll pay return shipping. For Do It Yourselfer's, I also sell the best crosshair wire money can buy for about 20 years now. Its annealed Tungsten, is very strong & shows up Jet Black when installed. I have two diameters to choose from. Medium (.0015") and Fine (.0005"). Price is $15 per 10 foot length of either wire. I'll pay return shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. USA sales ONLY, please. US Postal Money Orders ONLY, please.
    Please communicate by email.

L & K Scope Repair
    PO Box 32
    Eldridge Missouri (MO) 65463 United States
    Hours of operation: We prefer no phone calls after 6 pm (Missouri time)
    417 426-5041
    lkscoperepair@hughes.net
  • Options
    spiritsspirits Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shipped four old Weaver scopes to L&K Scope Repair. Inside the package, there was also an addressed envelope with a list of the scopes, descriptions of their problems, and the type of reticle to use when they were repaired. The package containing the scope was shipped/insured with USPS and the package tracked. No problem with L&K receiving the scopes. The repairs were reasonable priced, timely, and the owner easy to communicate with. The only problem I had was with one returned repaired scope that had a hair whisker inside it which could be easily seen. L&K nitrogen flush the repaired scopes and they should have caught this problem visually. Waited for a cold dry day in Texas to unscrew the ocular and remove the hair whisker.
  • Options
    msymsy Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sent a scope to L+K in 2015 and had a similar bad experience. I'd read a few previous good reviews so sent my German scope there for a reticle repair. Larry called me, recommending re lamination of the lenses and I agreed, spending $200. It came back with a replaced reticle but there were whiskers and glue on the periphery; it was also assembled inproperly with the turret 180 from original assembly causing the reticle to be out of plumb. Larry would not reassemble it correctly and clean the debris and was very disagreeable about it; he blamed a piece work employee that he said had to be let go for poor work. When I insisted that he fix it and even offered to pay an additional amount, he made a veiled threat that my scope would be lost. His attitude about it made no sense at all. If he was thought to be good once, I'm afraid that was in the past and I would never send a scope there again. I sent it to Parsons in Cincinnati to be corrected and Richard was very helpful about it.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sent it to Parsons in Cincinnati to be corrected and Richard was very helpful about it.

Is Parsons still in the business!!?? I talked to him on the phone 6 or 7 years ago (was his name Gil?) about an Unertl target scope he was repairing for me and shortly after that I got an email saying he had died. I believe it was his son (was that Richard?) that returned the repaired scope to me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    From their website:
    PARSONS SCOPE SERVICE
    1563 Compton Road
    Cincinnati, OH 45231

Phone: 513-867-0820

email: parsonsscope@zoomtown.com

The site indicates that son Richard is striving to keep the business going after the loss of his father Gil.

It is not apparent the site has been updated in the last 6 years.

I have sent along a request for updated information.