In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Buyer hasn't yet sent FFL copy

PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in Ask the Experts
I have a "Buyer" who won an auction on May 22. On June 17 after a couple e-mail exchanges and hearing his excuses, I finally received payment in the mail. But as yet, no FFL has been provided, now 30 days since auction completion, and the buyer has not responded to e-mail, and his phone doesn't answer. I am about to refund the payment and re-list the item, but I see no process for "No FFL provided", only non-payment, to get credit for listing and final value fees. This buyer has previously over 30 A+ ratings, no negatives, I don't understand what is wrong.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have their money, will it kill you to hold the item a while longer. Maybe there is a medical issue or some other family emergency. I realize personal problems are no excuse for bad behavior but you have their money. If you still have it next year at this time I would consider selling it again as space rent returned ownership to you.
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have the payment and the gun. Unless storage is a problem I see no reason for you to be anxious about this. The ball is in the buyer's court. I suspect medical, financial or domestic problems are what the buyer is dealing with
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PA Shootist,

While we all empathize with your position the ROE state clearly that you need to go through the Auction side and their resolution process:

"Auction tech support or billing questions. If you have a tech support or billing question click Help Center from the top of any auction site page."

These are found at the top of every page under the GunBroker logo.

Best.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,009 ******
    edited November -1
    BTDT.

You hold all the big cards.

Keep money.

Keep gun.

Wait.

IF you decide later to make a refund, deduct the relist fees, restocking fees, inconvenience fees.

BTW, I had a buyer DIE between bidding and paying.