In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Thompson Contender Lobo Scope

waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone had any experience using a Lobo scope on a Contender?
It will be used on a 41 magnum. Can not really find a lot of information on them.

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Google says it will not hold to full loads. Buy a Leopold pistol scope once,
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    While saying Thompson Center on it, they were relatively fragile scopes, and really not that good of optics. I put Burris scopes on my handguns, that have scopes, as they are hands down the BEST, handgun scope on the planet. I have a 3-12x Burris Signature on a S& 657, and it will hold 1 1/2" groups off the bench, on sand bags, at 125 yards. Which I think, that is extremely good for that combination. The loads, while not maximum loads, are not squib loads either. 210 grainer, running around 1200 fps.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in the day, most people put Lobos on,,but as stated, today they are much better choices.
  • waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK, got a better understanding of them now. I have had this 41 mag
    for a while and I seen this 22LR barrel with a scope on it, thought
    I would pick it up cheap, put the scope on the 41 and try deer hunting with it this year. I will still try hunting with it this year
    but will more than likely go with Burris. I have used Burris on my rifles for Boo Koo years and never had one fail. Just never scoped a
    pistol before and was not sure how they were built.
  • Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    While saying Thompson Center on it, they were relatively fragile scopes, and really not that good of optics. I put Burris scopes on my handguns, that have scopes, as they are hands down the BEST, handgun scope on the planet. I have a 3-12x Burris Signature on a S& 657, and it will hold 1 1/2" groups off the bench, on sand bags, at 125 yards. Which I think, that is extremely good for that combination. The loads, while not maximum loads, are not squib loads either. 210 grainer, running around 1200 fps.

]While saying Thompson Center on it, they were relatively fragile scopes, and really not that good of optics.
    T/C scopes are made by Bushnell for T/C and I've seen them become erratic accuracy. They still sell T/C Hawken scopes and I have returned several for erratic accuracy warranty for exchange . I have some of them I finally installed on 22 Long rifles and 22 mag but they won't take recoil for very long, the internal erector lets go and becomes erratic accuracy.
    The T/C could really make your 41 look bad.
    Go with the 2X or 4X leupold pistol scope (see them on flea bay for like $150 or less and lifetime warranty or a Burris pistol scope.

The 41 magnum is normally a very accurate caliber and a good deer pistol and it needs a good scope. A wimpy scope will really make it look bad, accuracy wise.