In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I.D. This Fixture

SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in Ask the Experts
Stoning fixture of some sort. The pins are randomly placed. An A marked on this side and a B on the other. The holes go all the way through.

http://imgur.com/JabC6qK

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a photo, of a sear/hammer engagement fixture for a 1911. Got it off the net. This type of fixture, specially if the are homemade. Could have been made for many different pistols.

If you have a hammer & sear for a 1911. Might see if they fit on the pins?

24d11e98.jpg
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The pins are accurately placed for specific firearm(s).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No, they were not in the fixture they can be removed and placed in different spots. I just put them in for reference. Looks to nice to be home made. I thought maybe they were commercially available at some time and someone might remember it.

quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    The pins are accurately placed for specific firearm(s).
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    look at catalog for BROWNELL at there tools
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SP45
    No, they were not in the fixture they can be removed and placed in different spots. I just put them in for reference. Looks to nice to be home made. I thought maybe they were commercially available at some time and someone might remember it.

Commercially made fixture, would be marked. With manufacturers name.

Back when I was in school, we made stuff like this. Range rods, fixtures, tools etc. It was up to you, if you wanted to mark them.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most full service gunsmiths, have at least one lathe, and one end mill. With the end mill, and a good pair of dial calipers, and micrometers, they could spot the hole spacing, easily, for many different guns, and make their own fixtures, as professionally, and accurately as a manufactured one. Not only could they make one that worked, but they could also design it to their liking, adding features that manufactured ones left out.

I have done this, and many old school gunsmiths have done this, as compared to the newer generation's thinking of I will go buy it, it has to be more accurate, and if they can't find one to buy, they just don't do the job.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    series 80 Hammer shown [:(][xx(]e
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a fixture for working on sear engagement and/or trigger pull on various firearms.
    The 1911 obviously is one of them.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ron Powers series II universal adaptor. Just found it
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting post. Thanks for the sharing the info.[^]