In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Parson's Scope Repair

msymsy Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Ask the Experts
(To answer the previous question before the topic was locked)
Yes, it is Richard Parsons (the son) who runs the business now. I think he told me his brother was involved briefly. Like his father did, he specializes in old Lymans and has their old parts stock. He does the work himself and was previously involved in other vocations but more recently settled into doing more scope work and has a significant backlog of work. He agreed to fix mine more quickly because it was relatively simple, not broken or in need of parts. He seemed very reasonable and honest (although busy) and apparently mine was the second scope he's corrected recently from a previous experience with L&K. Richard gave it a thorough going-over (clean & grease), removed the whiskers and glue gob that L&K wouldn't and assembled it correctly.

L&K reassembled the scope with the turret 180 backwards from original and inexplicably refused to correct it; as I suspected, that was the reason the reticle was out-of-plumb after "repair". In fact, Larry refused to correct anything after I paid him, even after I offered to pay (again). Save yourself a bad experience and don't send your scope to L&K.

Comments

• Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess this is no good then:

Our Guarantee: we guarantee parts and labor for 30 days. We will not pay for any shipping charges to or from L&K Scope Repair. Please call or email us before returning any scopes; you will receive a return number.