In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what is this, turkish gun?

martelsgunsmartelsguns Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Ask the Experts
this is a 20 gauge. There is some markings on it the the left side has a "c 20 ali sahin" the right side has "celik namlu". The pictures can be seen in the auction. I can take more.

http://www.GunBroker.com/item/568222274

Comments

• b0400879b0400879 Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not nice to insult a man's gun.

It may not have value to you, but it has value to someone, even as a wall hanger.

nunn
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It might be a Khyber Pass special, or the it's Turkish equivalent? A simple utility shotgun made by a local blacksmith.

Doubtful if it has any great value.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    celik namlu is Turk for steel barrel. ali sahin MAY be the maker. Turkey has a ton of cottage gun makers. Rather like Belgium in 1880- except the Belgians made better stuff.

EDIT: "Threads" MAY be the remains of using a lathe and a drill bit to bore out the barrel.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unlikely as it may seem[:D] It might have been threaded by the old world craftsman who made it, for screw in chokes.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While it is legally a "firearm", I would note in my description "Decorator only ---- NOT SAFE TO SHOOT", just to CYA. The last thing anyone in business needs is a liability law suit.

You may just get a $100 bid from someone decorating a new steak house.

Neal
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Penny start and $30 shipping for $30.01 seems about right.
  • b0400879b0400879 Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ADMIN has asked you play nice and you have refused to understand that concept. If you don't like what a poster asks move on.
  • martelsgunsmartelsguns Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey admin, thanks for doing what you do. I have yet to be insulted, I know the gun isn't worth much.

Rufe-snow the gun isn't threaded just abused a little.

everyone else thanks for the info, research will continue.